Biography & Publications
Eugen Safin was born in Orenburg, Russia in 1984. He received his diploma in electrical engineering from the Christian-Albrechts-University (CAU) of Kiel in 2011. Eugen Safin is working towards his PhD as a research and teaching assistant at the chair of wireless communications (CWC), CAU of Kiel.
Research Interests and Projects
- Calculation of Characteristic Mode on finite conducting surfaces
- Modal Source Reconstruction Based on Radiated Far Field
- Calculation of the Impedance Matching Influence on the Characteristic Wavemodes
- Scattering Analysis with the Method of Moments
- Q-Factor calculation
- Graphical User Interface Programming in MATLAB and OpenGL
- Antenna Measurements in Anechoic Chamber (Software Development: 2011-2014)
FKZ 01BU1231:KoAMo - Cognitive Antenna Systems for mobile Applications (link)
Reviewer ActivitiesIEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation link
IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters link
Supervision of the exercise "Grundgebiete der Elektrotechnik III" (WS 2011/12, 2012/13, 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16)
Supervision of the seminar EM Modeling (SS 2012)
Supervision of the exercise "Antennas" (SS 2013, 2015)
Supervision of student theses
Publications and Theses
- E. Safin, "Berechnung der Charakteristischen Moden auf berandeten ideal leitenden Oberflächen", at the group of wireless communications, CAU of Kiel, April 2010 (in German).
E. Safin, "Rekonstruktion von modalen Quellenverteilungen auf planaren Antennen auf Basis des abgestrahlten Fernfeldes zur Analyse von MIMO Systemen", at the group of wireless communications, CAU of Kiel, April 2010 (in German).
Publications in Journals
- Safin, E. and Manteuffel, D. , "Reconstruction of the Characteristic Modes on an Antenna Based on the Radiated Far Field,", Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on , vol.61, no.6, pp.2964,2971, June 2013.
- Safin, E. and Manteuffel, D., "Manipulation of Characteristic Wave Modes by Impedance Loading", Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on., vol.63, no.4, pp.1756-1764, April 2015.
- R. Martens, E. Safin, D. Manteuffel, „On the Relation between the Element Correlation of Antennas on Small Terminals and the Characteristic Modes of the Chassis," LAPC 2010 - Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference 2010, Loughborough University, pp. 457-460, UK, November 2010.
- R. Martens, E. Safin, D. Manteuffel, „Selective Excitation of Characteristic Modes an Small Terminals”, EuCAP 2011 - European Conference on Antennas & Propagation 2011, Rom, April 2011.
- R. Martens, E. Safin, D. Manteuffel, „Inductive and Capacitive Excitation of the Characteristic Modes of Small Terminals , " LAPC 2011 - Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference, Loughborough University, UK, November 2011.
- E. Safin, R. Martens, D. Manteuffel, „Modal Source Reconstruction Based on Radiated Far-Field for Antenna Design”, EuCAP 2012 - European Conference on Antennas & Propagation 2012, Prag, March 2012.
- E. Safin and D. Manteuffel , "Resonance Behaviour of Characteristic Modes Due to the Presence of Dielectric Objects", In Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP), 2013 7th European Conference on., April 2013.
- Safin E. and Manteuffel, D. , "Influence of the Impedance Matching on the Characteristic Wave Modes", in Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP), 2014 8th European Conference on., The Hague, The Netherlands, April 6-11, 2014, pp. 1323-1327.
- E. Safin, R. Valkonen, and D. Manteuffel, "Reconfigurable LTE MIMO Automotive Antenna System Based on the Characteristic Mode Analysis", in Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP), 2015 9th European Conference on., Lisbon, Portugal, April 13-17, 2015.
Publications in Workshops
- Safin, E., Martens, R., Capek M., Eichler, J., Hazdra, P., Manteuffel, D., and Mazanek M., "Discussion and Evaluation of Modal and Radiation Q-Factors for MIMO Antennas Based on Theory of Characteristic Modes", COST IC1102, 3. WG Meeting & Technical Workshop 2012, Thessaloniki, June, 2013.
Martens, R., Holopainen, J. , Safin, E., Manteuffel, D., and Icheln, C. , "Small Terminal Multi-Antenna System Based on Two Different Types of Non-Resonant Coupling Elements", COST IC1102, 4. WG Meeting & Technical Workshop 2013, Ghent, Sept. 2013.